Saturday, March 9, 2024

Day One of Filming

DAY ONE OF FILMING: OREO STYLE

Drew and I currently share a seventh-hour class period, so that is when we decided to film our video. Since that same class happens to be a TV production period, we asked our friends to help us record. Today was when we were going to film the bully portion of the opening, where Trey collides with a bully and gets called "Oreo." We recruited a Black actor to play the bully, but he could not attend the shoot due to communication errors. To remedy this, our friends suggested that Drew should play the bully. Upon hearing this decision, I was quite hesitant at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I actually enjoyed the idea. Instead of framing the bully as another Black person who doesn't understand Trey's nuance, it could come from an ignorant white person who finds Trey's behavior to be reminiscent of that of a White person.

We used a 90D camera for maximum quality, a tripod, and a shotgun mic to record the audio.

We got multiple angles of Drew bumping into me and calling me an Oreo, and luckily, we could finish before class ended.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection