Wednesday, March 27, 2024

EDITING TREY

 THE START OF A NEW TREY
Today I will be finally editing Trey's Split. I imported all of our clips into Premiere and started working on it.
I removed the audio and cut out the extra filler from the clips we got for the opening to be concise and natural. The microphone on the camera is poor, so I completely left it out. As I was rendering the rest of the clips, I noticed that the colors on the footage were very bland and desaturated, which didn't fit with the theme of Trey's Split. To fix this, I added an adjustment layer above the raw footage and color-graded it to make the scenes more colorful, perfectly fit with the movie's spirit, as well as meet the audience's desires. Here's a before and after.

BEFORE

AFTER

Before I added any effects or music, I made a line edit of all the clips I wanted to include in the final cut just so I had a clear picture of what I wanted for the opening. Throwing everything that you've recorded into the timeline isn't a good idea, since you're not going to like every shot you've gotten in pre-production. Only including the best ones will make your life much easier (Trey wouldn't know anything about that LOL!).

I'm gonna add music and audio tomorrow, which happens to be the same day where we're going to refilm the bully scene! Stay tuned for the next episode of Trey's Split Production Z Kai! (We're going to have to work on that name...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection