Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Time to Hit The Booth!

TREY'S LINES

 Today I went to the soundbooth in the CBTV room to record my lines, and I went into this knowing it'd be tough. I naturally speak very fast, so reading a full fledged script would be difficult for me. So by the time I checked out a mic, sat comfortably in a chair, and cleared my throat to speak, my assumptions were correct. I mumbled, stuttered, and all sorts of obstacles arose. To remedy this, I slowed down my speech and spoke more thoroughly. 

I decided to give Trey a bit of a Floridian accent when he gets emotional to show that he code switches between two dialects: that of proper English and AAVE. While I read over the lines about the nicknames, I decided to throw in an additional N-WORD  because I felt like it would be synonymous with how other kids his age speak and illustrate his cultural background.

I finished, listened back to the recordings, and decided to re record the lines at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection