Sunday, March 3, 2024

Becoming Trey




Becoming Trey
To prepare for my role as Trey, I decided to look at this video to get some acting tips to help me navigate the part. This is what I've learned.

Your character is not an actor

Whenever you play a character, the audience needs to think that you ARE the character, not an actor. This means I’m going to have to portray, haha, “Trey”, in a way that feels authentic. This won’t be hard, since Trey is a bit of a self-insert of mine, and I’ve been on camera numerous of times prior to this.

Do not over act

As said before, I need to make sure that my performance feels natural and real. For this character, I can’t be too dramatic or look skittish, because that wouldn’t make sense for the character. To play Trey, I need to act like I’m cynical, self aware, and insecure. 

Overall, the video gave me a good idea of how I should go about becoming Trey Rider, but I think it might be a good idea to look back at my previous performance to see where I could improve. So without further ado, let’s take a look at some previous videos I acted in.

How do I take it to the next level?

Last year in 2023, I acted in a friend’s video for their Aice Media Portfolio project. My performance wasn’t too bad, but it I was kind of uncomfortable and unsure with how I should go about my role, and that was fairly noticeable in the video. But since I have a good idea of Trey, this shouldn’t be a problem anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection