Friday, March 1, 2024

Group Blog Review/Reflection

Group Meeting Post: Introducing Trey to Strangers


Today I met with the other students about Trey's Split. At first, I felt quite nervous about revealing my project. It wasn't a matter of insecurity but rather a fear that my fellow classmates simply wouldn't understand the nuances of Trey's Story. So I explained the premise to them in a very blunt way for them to truly comprehend what my movie is about. Here's what they said;

Trey's Story is Relatable
To my surprise, people can actually relate to Trey's struggles of not being able to fit in with his respective culture. One classmate states that because she's a lot more religious than the other Latinos in her school, she's never able to fit in with them.

Production Advice

Since I'm a member of Cypress Bay Television, they asked me a lot of questions about how I would go about filming and editing my opening. I told them about the equipment I would use, the locations we would film at, and the post-production resources that we would need to make it all happen. They also asked me for assistance with their own projects, seeking to make their productions look more professional. I told them that they could get equipment from BECON TV for free, and that if they really needed something I could check the equipment out from the CBTV studio for them (under my supervision of course.)

Praise For The Production/Reflection

The general perception of Trey's Split was positive, and they really liked the aesthetic I was going for with this project. 

I learned that my film can spread its outreach to different cultures and races in ways that I could never imagine. Every misfit could relate to Trey's struggles, not just those from the Black community. I've come to realize that there is a lot of pressure to make this video turn out good. Not just for the grade, but for it to truly resonate with people who need to hear the film's message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection