Saturday, March 30, 2024

Trey-ffects (Part one)

 I decided to make the mise-en-scene comic-based and imaginative to implement Trey's interests and dynamic perspective on the world around him. This was tough because I couldn't use external sources, so I had to create all of my effects in Photoshop from scratch. I began creating the text boxes using the shape tool. I added a black stroke along the lines of the boxes to give it that classic 2D feel. I wanted to add a shadow to them to make them look more cinematic but I decided against it.



The font I used for the text is called "Captain Comic", which is prominently found in Graphic Novel prints and other comic book works. I typed the text and sized it precisely so that it would fit within the shape. 


 Next, I created a halftone layer in Photoshop and placed it above the textbox, creating an image that looks like it came straight from a comic book. I did this process with three other images.


Because the bully scene was filmed using a different camera, I decided to mask it in a really creative way using the halftone overlay. If you wanna find out more, catch me in the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection